Friday, August 12, 2011

Response to Posts

Brandy Lutz-Emerging Technology Blog
Great post. I think we are missing something here with omitting the traditional way of watching movies at the movie theater. You brought an interesting point that you can watch a movie at home and invited everyone over to watch it, yet people still go to the movie theaters to watch movies, for entertainment purposes. Do you think DVD's have done damage to this industry? The movie industry is still making billions of dollars on movies in the theaters even with the availability of movies from home.

Rodriguez Design:  Next Wave Technology
I love the statement about the strange attraction, I had not thought of that!  I too believe that digital media will replace hard technology such as DVD's.  It has all ready happened to the music industry and other media but there is the notion of seeing a movie on a huge screen for entertainment purposes.  Heck I can even watch movies streaming on my cell phone!  I have seen all the traditional video stores close their doors because the price of DVD's are driven down to the point where you can purchase a movie for price of a rental.  Redbox, which rents movies for $1 per night seems to have found a niche in the traditional market but I believe this will be short lived also with digital media. 

The entertainment industry is having a hard time switching from traditional media to digital and I wonder if it might be the issue of control.  With technology moving forward so quickly it is hard for the industry to keep up with all the security needed to protect the rights of the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment